- Story-based war drama with tactical squad combat.
- Survive for 12 days to complete the mission or escape.
- Branching story, missions and text events.
- You control the individual soldier.
- Levels takes place in small condensed areas, where each turn of corner can prove deadly.
- All soldiers have unique traits, that affect their reactions and behaviors. Use each wisely!
- Missions are hard but short – pay Composure to replay. Soldier deaths are permanent.
- Soldiers will start going crazy and desert, when composure gets low.
- If you run out of soldiers, you lose the game.
- Select missions on the war map depending on risks and rewards.
- Experience the mission story.
- Customize squad composition and soldier equipment.
- Play missions while minimizing casualties and retrieving secondary objectives.
- Complete missions, see ratings and story outcome.
- Select and acquire equipment depending on mission rating.
- See missions amongst the ones available on the campaign map.
- Experience events between missions.
- Manage resources and avoid game over.
- Experience one of the several endings.
Core gameplay inside levels
- Overview the battlezone.
- Spot for possible or obvious enemy locations and dangerous bottlenecks.
- Set up move paths and actions for troops utilizing.
- Stress enemies with suppressive fire.
- Use Powers and special weapons.
- Use different movement modes.
- Unpause game and watch your plans play out.
- Plan next turn.
Gameplay outside combat
- Choose next mission (story vs. cost vs. rewards).
- Choose squad composition.
- Customize the equipment of each soldier.
- Customize traits and abilities of each soldier.
- Get loot for mission completion – better performance yields better rewards.
- Buy weapons and equipment from the traveling vendor.
- Be rewarded/punished by variable outcomes of story events.